The sun-drenched island of Lanzarote makes a sensational location to berth a superyacht and explore everything the island has to offer for long periods of time. Here are ten reasons why Lanzarote is so much more than just a stopover.
- Safety. Throughout the coronavirus pandemic, Lanzarote has emerged as one of the least affected locations in Europe. This means that guests can not only enjoy all the unique experience the island can provide, but can also do so in safety.
- Climate. In late summer on this isle of paradise sees temperatures from 20 degrees to 27 degrees in September. This temperate climate allows visitors to enjoy days relaxing in the sun or exploring our many natural beauties without being too hot.
- Sport. Sport is a significant part of Canarian, from kitesurfing to cycling and diving, Lanzarote’s topography and climate lends itself to exhilarating sports.
- Diving. Most popular of the many sports in Lanzarote is diving. Many terrific dive sites allow guests to experience our exquisite waters and sensational marine life. The marine reserve of Playa Blanca is one of the highlights and due to commercial fishing being forbidden here, you will see more marine life here than anywhere else on the island.
- Landscape. Lanzarote is a patchwork of exquisite scenes and experiences to entertain visitors all year round. Many of such scenes can be found at Timanfaya National Park, this beautiful, wild and rugged landscape is the most popular attraction in Lanzarote.
- Food. The island of Lanzarote is passionate about beautiful food and drink making it a significant part of Canarian culture, so produce sourced in Lanzarote will always be of outstanding quality. Guests will find Spanish and South American dishes intertwined with traditional berber recipes and elegant Mediterranean flavours from dozens of exceptional restaurants alongside plazas brimming with bars and cafés.
- Wine. In particular Timanfaya National Park is a hidden gem for wine enthusiasts. Enjoy guided tours through the vineyards of the South against the spectacular volcanic backdrop. Discover a real flavour of the scale of wine making on Lanzarote by exploring some of the larger producers as well as a small family run winery.
- Provisioning. For meals on board, provisioning is made easy for yacht chefs with access to fantastic local markets in Arrecife, Tinajo and Haría stocked with locally grown fruit and vegetables and of course, locally sourced fresh fish and meats.
- Refit and repairs. Superyachts of up to 110m across three luxury marinas can be accommodated following an extension to the superyacht services and shipyard facilities on the island. As a long term destination our experienced shipyard can accept extensive refits and repairs ensuring vessels are well cared for.
- Environmentalism. Lanzarote’s amazing and well protected landscape will never become tiresome. From our UNESCO protected towns and villages to far-reaching volcanic vistas and beautiful beaches, Lanzarote treats its environment to ensure that it lasts for generations to come.
From arrival to departure, Lanzarote is a superyacht destination not to be missed and our concierge service is on hand to deliver tailored experiences to all guests.